Au pair Visa and regulations for the Italy
The visa regulations for au pairs in Italy differ according to whether the Au-pair is from
Au-pairs from European Countries
Au-pairs from countries that are within the European Economic Area are free to travel and work in the Italy under the provisions of the European freedom of movement regulations: these regulations permit the free movement of goods, persons, services, and capital among the EEA nations i.e. the right for Europeans to work and live in any other European country of their choosing.
Countries given full movement rights by Italy :
Austria / Belgium / Bulgaria / Czech Republic / Cyprus / Denmark / Estonia / Finland / France / Germany / Greece / Hungary / Iceland / Ireland / Latvia / Liechtenstein / Lithuania / Luxembourg / Malta / Norway / The Netherlands / Poland / Portugal / Romania / Slovakia / Slovenia / Spain / Sweden / Switzerland / United Kingdom
Au-pairs From Non Eu Countries
Italy does not permit au-pairs from non European countries to obtain a prior entry visa to work as an au-pair in Italy. For non European au-pairs seeking to work in Italy the best route is to obtain a student visa. This permits the holder to work up to 20 hours per week (live-in or live-out).
- Student visa
Requirements to obtain the student visa:
- A certificate of enrolment for the au pair, from any Italian School where the au-pair will be attending an Italian language course. The visa will be issued for the length of time of the Au-pairs enrolment in the language school.
- A return air ticket
- Travel and medical insurance
- A statement of support written and signed by the host family that must be stamped by the local police
- A written agreement between the au-pair and the host family which should contain the terms of employment such as duration of stay, salary etc. The agreement must be stamped by the “Ufficio Provinciale del Lavoro” and must be accompanied by a permit issued by the local police
The visa will be valid only for the length of the course. You must also show sufficient insurance cover, a return air ticket, proof of accommodation stamped by the police and a contract specifying dates, pocket money and benefits stamped by the provincial labour office and/or the police.
Please note that the aupair visa rules given by Aupair world are meant for guidance purposes only and are not to be relied upon. Au pair world cannot be held liable for this information and reader are strongly advised to seek legal advice from the appropreiate channels in the country they wish to work in.
Au-pair Visas for North America
Au-pair Visas for Europe
Aupair Visa Austria / Aupair Visa Belgium / Aupair Visa Denmark / Aupair Visa Finland/ Aupair Visa France / Aupair Visa Germany / Aupair Visa Ireland/ Aupair Visa Italy / Aupair Visa Liechtenstein / Aupair Visa Luxembourg / Aupair Visa Netherlands / Aupair Visa Norway / Spain / Sweden / Aupair Visa Switzerland / Aupair Visa United Kingdom /
Aupair Visas for AustraliaAupair Visa Australia / Aupair Visa New Zealand/
Aupair World :
- Site Map
- About Us
- Contact US
- Guide to Using the Site
- Free Au Pair Registration
- Free Family Registration
Search Photo Galleries
Photo Gallery of Au pairs
Photo Gallery Of Families
Information Section :