Au-pair Visa Australia - Aupair Visa Rules for Australia
Australia does not have an official Au-pair visa program. However, applicants can work as an Au-pair in Australia in the following categories;
- Working Holiday Visa
- Student program
Au-pairs from New Zealand do not require visas to work in Australia.
Working Holiday Visa
There are two kinds of Working Holiday Visas.
- The 417
- The 462
The 417 and 462 is exactly the same kind of visa. The only difference being that they are granted to applicants from different countries.
The 462 is more stringent and is only granted to a set number of applicants, per participating country, per year.
Working Holiday visa: (417)
- Must be between the age of 18 and 30
- Be a national of a participating country
- be outside Australia when you apply and, when your visa is granted
- not have previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday (417) visa
- not have previously entered Australia on a Work and Holiday (462) visa
- be applying no more than 12 months before you intend to travel to Australia
- not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during your stay in Australia
- Not permitted to work for more than six month with any one employer.
- Be of good character ( no criminal record)
- Applicants must be seeking to enter Austria primarily for a holiday as opposed to entering the country to work; permission to work is given to enable the applicant to supplement their travel funds through incidental employment. Click here for conditions of visa .
- You must have access to sufficient funds to support yourself for the initial stage of your holiday. Generally, AUD5000 is considered sufficient.
All applicants are required to meet health criteria.
For further details please visit the website for Australian Immigration service.
The participating countries are;
Chile / Indonesia / Malaysia / Thailand / USA
Turkey and Â Iran were originally on the program but have now been removed. Applicants from these countries who are already in Australia may apply be eligible for a six month extension.
Click here for more information on (462)
The criteria differ between each of the above four country. It is advisable to check the actual criteria with the immigration board.
- are aged 18 to 30 years (inclusive) on the date you apply
- meet educational requirements
- have functional English
- have a letter of support from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- do not have dependent children
- have not previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday (417) or Work and Holiday (462) visa
- meet character, health and evidence of funds requirements.
You must hold tertiary qualifications or have completed or have been approved to undertake a third year of undergraduate university study.
Tertiary qualifications include the following:
- Doctoral degree
- Masters degree
- Graduate diploma
- Graduate certificate
- Bachelor degree
- Associate degree
- Advanced diploma
- Diploma level qualifications.
Conditions of visa
- Visa given for up to 12 months. Possible to extend for a further six month period
- All types of work permitted with this visa including Â Au-pairing.
- It is not howeverÂ permissible to work for a single employer for more than six month with any one employer.
- Possible to extend the visa for a further six month period. This application can be made while the Au-pair is still in Australia. Click here for conditions Participating countries ;
Student Visa Programs
USA and UK .
It is a BUNAC work/study program that enables applicants from participating countries to work and in Australia for up to 4 months.
Only permitted to work 20 hours a week during term time.
Unlimited hours while school is not in session.
Students apply for permission to work once they are in Australia.
for further Information on student visa click here
Please note that the aupair visa rules given by Aupair world are meant for guidance purposes only and are not to be relied upon. Au pair world cannot be held liable for this information and reader are strongly advised to seek legal advice from the appropreiate channels in the country they wish to work in.
Au-pair Visas for North America
Au-pair Visas for Europe
Aupair Visa Austria / Aupair Visa Belgium / Aupair Visa Denmark / Aupair Visa Finland/ Aupair Visa France / Aupair Visa Germany / Aupair Visa Ireland/ Aupair Visa Italy / Aupair Visa Liechtenstein / Aupair Visa Luxembourg / Aupair Visa Netherlands / Aupair Visa Norway / Spain / Sweden / Aupair Visa Switzerland / Aupair Visa United Kingdom /
Aupair Visas for AustraliaAupair Visa Australia / Aupair Visa New Zealand/
Aupair World :
- Site Map
- About Us
- Contact US
- Guide to Using the Site
- Free Au Pair Registration
- Free Family Registration
Search Photo Galleries
Photo Gallery of Au pairs
Photo Gallery Of Families
Information Section :