Au Pair Salary
This is a basic salary guide of what au pairs are genereally paid in your country. It is not, by any means, a definitive
figure. The actual amount will vary according to the personal circumstances of each family, age and experience of the
For a list of the variables that can influence the figure click here
Au Pair Salary Guide
- Au pairs normally receive free accommodation and food (Full board and lodge).
- In addition to this they are given basic salary (some people refer to this as pocket money as it is not taxable).
|AUD 180-AUD 220 per week|
|Austria||€50 - €60 per week|
|Belgium||€450 a month|
|Canada||$ 9 to $ 12 per hour|
|Denmark||At least € 335 per month|
|France||€ 240 to €300 per month|
|Germany||€ 260 per month|
|Ireland||€ 50-€75 per week|
|Italy||€ 60-€65 per week|
|Netherlands||€ 340 per month|
|New Zealand||AU $250 per week|
|Norway||NOK 4000 ($735) per month|
|Spain||€ 50- € 60 per week|
|Sweden||SEK 3,500 per month|
|Switzerland||CHF500 - CHF800 per month|
|United Kingdom||£60 per week|
|USA||$139.05 per week|
Factors That Can Influence The Salary;
- How many children the Au pair will be required to look after: the more children you have the more work that the Au pair will obviously be expected to perform.
- The age of the children: the younger the children the more work the au pair will be required to perform.
- Whether any of the children have special needs; if so, the degree of care required.
- The hours of work and the range of duties the Au pair will be required to perform: obviously the longer the hours and the more work she is asked to perform the higher her pocket money will be.
- The experience of the Au pair. The more experienced the Au pair is the more they will expect to receive.
- Does the Au pair have any formal training in child care.
- Your location. Au pairs generally speaking want to work near a big city/town so that they can experience life in the city on their days off. If you live far away from the major hot spot then this is a factor that may influence what you offer the Au pairs.
The ultimate decision on what to offer is up to you. The best way forward is to start from the base figure above and offer what you believe is reasonable; then see what responses you receive to the offer.
Please feel free to talk to us if you need any help or assistance in coming to a decision.
Aupair World :
- Site Map
- About Us
- Contact US
- Guide to Using the Site
- Free Au Pair Registration
- Free Family Registration
Search Photo Galleries
Photo Gallery of Au pairs
Photo Gallery Of Families
Information Section :