Au Pairing in the UK
Return to central page for au pairing
A quick guide to au pairing in the UK
( Double Click Onto The Map To Find A Location: You Can Also Use The Arrows To Move The Map Around)
Prospective au pairs wanting to travel to the United Kingdom as au pair must take into consideration the following:
- Au pairs are generally aged 17 - 27
Salary (Pocket money)
- On average an au pair can expect to earn between 50-60 pounds/week
Number of hours to work and days off
- UK au pairs usually work between 25-35 hrs/week and usually get 2 days off per week
- No visa requirements for aupairing in the UK for EU nationals
- Visa and work permission requirements for non EU nationals
- Click here for detailed informationÂ about travelling and working in the UK as an au pair, by country
Duration of stay
- EU nationals- no time limit
- Non EU nationals, there is a time limit depending on the country of provenience. Usually, between 1-2 years.
- There are no language requirements for the UK, but it is suggested that an au pair must have a good understanding of English, the national language.
- UK au pairs, members of EU, have access to free health care, by registering with a local GP. However, it is advisable to take out travel and health insurance for emergencies.
- Non EU au pairs must take out travel and health insurance as they, usually, have to pay for medical services. The host family must assist the au pair as soon as the au pair has arrived at their residence.
- The au pairs must pay for their own travel costs to the UK
Ethnic diversity in the UK
- People of Indian, Pakistani, Chinese, Black Caribbean, Black African, Bangladeshi and mixed ethnic descent make up 8.3% of the UK population.
Au Pairing in North America
Au Pairing in Europe
Au Pairing in Australia
Aupair World :
- Site Map
- About Us
- Contact US
- Guide to Using the Site
- Free Au Pair Registration
- Free Family Registration
Search Photo Galleries
Photo Gallery of Au pairs
Photo Gallery Of Families
Information Section :