Au Pairing in Sweden
Return to central page for au pairing
Au pairing in Sweden
Quick guide to au pairing in Sweden
Prospective au pairs wanting to travel to Sweden as an au pair must take into consideration the following:
- Au pairs are generally aged between 18-30 years old
Salary (Pocket money)
- On average an au pair in Sweden can expect to earn between 50-100 EURO/week
Number of hours to work and days off
- Sweden au pairs usually work -30 hrs / week, get 1-2 days off per week; one day off must take place during the week-end or every other week-end. The au pair in Sweden must be given sufficient time off to allow her/him to attend language courses and cultural activities
- No visa requirements for aupairing in Sweden for EU nationals. There is also holiday visa agreement between Sweden and Australia and New Zealand, which permits the nationals of these countries to visit and work in Sweden as au pairs for up to 12 months.
- Visa and work permit is required for non EU nationals. This is to be obtained prior to the au pair travelling to Sweden.
- For detailed information about travelling and working in Sweden as an au pair, by country of provenience please visit the visa information section, displayed on the left hand side ribbon ß
Duration of stay
- EU nationals- no time limit
- Non EU nationals, there is a time limit depending on the country of provenience. Usually, between 6-12 months with possibility of extension for another 12 months.
- There are no language requirements for Sweden, but it is suggested that an au pair must have a good understanding of Swedish, the official language; English language speakers are in demand, as well.
- It is advisable to take out travel and health insurance for emergencies- EU nationals
- Non EU au pairs must take out travel and health insurance as they have to pay for medical services. The host family must assist the au pair as soon as the au pair has arrived at their residence. The host family is usually under an obligation to arrange health insurance for the au pair in Sweden.
- The au pairs must pay for their own travel costs to Sweden
Ethnic diversity in Sweden
- Records show that the population of Sweden as of 2010 is 9,373,379.
- Ethnic groups: Swedes, Finns, Sami a total of 84.9%
- 14.1 % of the population of Sweden is immigrants. These groups are: Finns, Iraqis, and ex-Yugoslavia nationals, Somalis, Danes, Norwegians, Danes, Iranians, Turks and Poles
- Religions: Lutheran, is the official Church of Sweden.75% of the population of Sweden are Lutherans, Muslim and Protestants 5%, and the rest of 15% are either Roman Catholic, Orthodox, Pentecostals, Baptist, Jewish and Buddhist
Au Pairing in North America
Au Pairing in Europe
Au Pairing in Australia
Aupair World :
- Site Map
- About Us
- Contact US
- Guide to Using the Site
- Free Au Pair Registration
- Free Family Registration
Search Photo Galleries
Photo Gallery of Au pairs
Photo Gallery Of Families
Information Section :