Au Pairing in Luxembourg
Return to central page for au pairing
( Double Click Onto The Map To Find A Location: You Can Also Use The Arrows To Move The Map Around)
Au pairing in Luxembourg
Quick guide to au pairing in Luxembourg
Prospective au pairs wanting to travel to Luxembourg as au pair must take into consideration the following:
The au pair program per se is withdrawn in Luxembourg, however, it is possible, for those who would like to travel and work in Luxembourg under a position similar to the one of an au pair. The difference is that a work contract must be signed and the employee-employer laws of Luxembourg must be respected, as the child minder will be an employee as supposed to an au pair.
- Au pairs are generally aged between 17-27 years old
Salary (Pocket money)
- On average an au pair in Luxembourg can expect to earn between 400-500 euro/week
Number of hours to work and days off
- Luxembourg au pairs usually work 25-30 hrs/week and usually get 1 day off per week and at least one Sunday off per month. The au pair must also be allowed sufficient time off to enable the same to participate in language courses and cultural activities.
- No visa requirements for aupairing in Luxembourg for EU nationals, but they must register with the relevant authorities and must obtain a residence permit. Usually, the au pair family applies and pays for the application to obtain a residence permit in Luxembourg on behalf of the au pairs.
- Visa and work permission requirements for non EU nationals a pairing
- For detailed information about travelling and working in Liechtenstein as an au pair, by country of provenience please visit the visa information section ß
Duration of stay
- EU nationals- no time limit
- Non EU nationals, there is a time limit depending on the country of provenience. Usually, 12 months and there is a possibility of renewal
- There are no language requirements for Luxembourg, but it is suggested that an au pair must have a good understanding of Luxembourgish, German or French; English is also accepted.
- It is advisable to take out travel and health insurance for emergencies- EU nationals
- Non EU au pairs must take out travel and health insurance as they have to pay for medical services. The host family must assist the au pair as soon as the au pair has arrived at their residence.
- The au pairs must pay for their own travel costs to Liechtenstein
Ethnic diversity in Luxembourg:
- Luxembourger 63.1%, Portuguese 13.3 %. French 4.5%, Italian 4.3%, German 2.3%, Other 7.3%, other 5.2%
Au Pairing in North America
Au Pairing in Europe
Au Pairing in Australia
Aupair World :
- Site Map
- About Us
- Contact US
- Guide to Using the Site
- Free Au Pair Registration
- Free Family Registration
Search Photo Galleries
Photo Gallery of Au pairs
Photo Gallery Of Families
Information Section :